Linn hattrick brings welcome relief

Last updated : 15 March 2015 By Fargone

C:WindowsTempphpD005.tmpA slick early goal by Bobby Linn (with assit from Murray) gave us a platform, we weathered Clyde possession and a good few attacks before another slick Murray attack fed it through for Linn to bury.  Second half, another great early goal from the lively Linn put us in charge

We hit an entertaining purple patch haflway through the second, looking like our old selves and only bad luck and good keeping kept the score down before Clyde retrieved a very late consolation.

Not a great performance but Murray and Linn up front were excellent and  we seemed a bit more solid in defence (with McGeever having a good game)

From the Clyde website:  Arbroath kept their League Two title hopes alive at Gayfield this afternoon, as Bobby Linn's hat-trick secured a comfortable win for the Angus side.

Mark McLaughlin and Scott McManus returned to the Clyde starting line-up following injury, with Mark Roberts also added following the defeat at Elgin City on Tuesday night.

The home side made a perfect start to the match, taking the lead after just 90 seconds as a mix-up between Hugh Murray and Stephen O'Donnell led to Linn finding the net from close range.

The Bully Wee then enjoyed a good period of possession but without enough cutting edge in the final third, although McLaughlin had a claim for a penalty turned away by the referee.

However, Arbroath scored again before half-time when an attack down the left wing resulted in Linn getting his name on the scoresheet for the second time.

Early in the second half, Linn completed his hat-trick and ended the match as a contest when he made space for himself at the edge of the box and finished well.

The Red Lichties took control of the match thereafter and Clyde had Alan Martin to thank for preventing any further damage to the scoreline.

There was a late consolation goal for Clyde as Kiegan Parker latched into Brian McQueen's flick to score his first goal for the club.