Found - some bottle (press comment)

Last updated : 18 October 2010 By Fargone

recylceOur fragile defence bent and leaked again but the team as a whole didn't shatter after setbacks late on.   A bit of character has been lacking alongside the obvious tactical-performance failings so it was great to see them battle through to win late on Saturday.   

That was our first win in 6 weeks! - after taking only a single point from the last 4 games

You need to battle to get anywhere in this league so let's hope this can be the start of something more robust and unbreakable.  Let's recycle that bottle especially away from home

from the Press & Journal

Malcolm & Swankie are brightest Lichties

ARBROATH manager Paul Sheerin praised his new captain Stuart Malcolm for pushing the Red Lichties to a late victory in a five-goal Third Division thriller which ended with both sides reduced to 10 men.

He said: “Malky kept driving everyone on and it culminated with him getting our second goal.

Gavin Swankie’s late winner secured a much needed three points for the Gayfield side.

Clyde took the lead three minutes after the interval when Nick Paterson nipped in to side foot an Adam Strachan cross low beyond the helpless Hill.

Swankie levelled and the home side went ahead with 10 minutes remaining, Malcolm firing in a 25-yarder.

But Clyde rallied and with five minutes to go Alan Lithgow headed home an equaliser from a Strachan corner.

Arbroath were reduced to 10 men when debutant Ross Chisholm was red carded for a second bookable offence.

With two minutes to go, Swankie swooped to head a David McGowan cross into the corner of the net for the winner.

Clyde’s Neil McGowan was then sent packing after speaking out of turn to referee Stevie O’Reilly.

from the Sunday Mail

bottleARBROATH boss Paul Sheerin hailed his side's bottle after they came back from behind and being a man down to take the points against 10-man Clyde.

Nick Paterson put Clyde ahead in 48 minutes but Gavin Swankie grabbed the equaliser.

A long-range effort by Stuart Malcolm saw the Red Lichties take the lead before Alan Lithgow's header put the teams level again.

Arbroath's Ross Chisholm was sent off for a second bookable offence before Swankie netted the winner.

The Bully Wee's Neil McGowan was also given a red card before the end for swearing at the ref.

Sheerin said: "The players showed great character to come back from a goal down."